18-Day Adventure (Winter/Summer)
|Travel: Flight to Kenya with a stop in London
|Nyumbani Children’s Home: Crafts/games/activities with resident children
|Lea Toto Outreach Centers: Learning about social, medical, and psychological issues related to raising an HIV+ child; work with patient caregivers
|Maasai Pastoral Community Development Alliance (PCDA): Crafts/games with children; work with women crafters
|Nyumbani Village: Daily morning field placements of traveler’s choice, afternoon special events, evening home visits
|Safari: Options available are visits to Maasai Mara Game Preserve, Amboseli and Lake Nakuru National Parks, Lake Navaisha, and Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Sweetwaters. Lodging is at tented campgrounds or park lodges
Things You Need to Know
- Flights are booked by the traveler on British Airways, cost not included in KEST Package
- Lodging and most meals are included in KEST Package (lunches/dinners at restaurants not included)
- Transportation and tips while in Kenya are included in KEST Package
- Travelers are responsible for acquiring Passport, Visa, and required shots
- Extra spending money is highly recommended; currency exchange is available at the airport
- Each traveler is expected to pack a 50-pound duffel of donations, in addition to their one personal suitcase. Donations requested are determined by the site directors of the programs we serve
Teaming with three Nyumbani programs- Children’s Home, Lea Toto Outreach, and Village- along with a partnership with Maasai (PCDA) present many opportunities for service.
2 Months prior to departure – 25% Deposit due
1 Month prior to departure – Remaining Balance due
- Trip details are tentative until the travel group is determined. Itineraries are custom-made to the desires of the travelers.
- January/February groups are Adults Only. June/July/August groups focus on High School and college students, young adults and families.